Class of 2017 Graduation Announcements
1) CAP AND GOWNS - ABSOLUTE last day to order is April 11 at www.balfour.com
2) 2nd CLEARANCE CARD - Will be distributed by May 5th
3) SCHOLARSHIP & AWARDS NIGHT - Friday, May 12th 6pm @ Gym
4) DRESS CODE FOR GRADUATION
Students must comply with Commencement dress standards:
a. Ladies and Gentlemen must wear cap-gown-tassel unit purchased from Balfour and when appropriate, wear honor stoles/cords purchased from the Committee.
b. All students must wear either:
- All-white, short-sleeve or long-sleeve with collar, no prints
- Black dress slacks; no jeans, cords, cargo or carpenter pants
- Black tie: no prints, no bow ties
- All-black dress shoes with dress socks: no casual footwear, such as sneakers, athletic shoes, beach sandals, nor slippers
- All black dress (white print on dress is allowed). Neckline of dress must be lower than neckline of gown (spaghetti straps, strapless dresses are not allowed). Length of dress must be shorter than gown, but no shorter than fingertips.
- All-black dress shoes or dressy sandals with back straps; no prints; no higher than 2 inches; no stilettos.
- White blouse with a black shirt or pant is allowed, but not shorts, or t-shirts. Halter tops, spaghetti straps and strapless tops are not allowed. All dresses must be shorter than the gown, but no shorter than fingertips.
- All-black dress shoes or dressy sandals with back straps; no prints
- If you choose to wear hosiery, wear flesh-tone hosiery.
5) MANDATORY GRADUATION REHEARSALS
Rehearsals are MANDATORY to participate in commencement exercises. Failure to attend rehearsals could jeopardize your participation in commencement exercises and/or ticket lost.
Rehearsal schedule is:
- May 16th at 8:30 am - 10 am / Song Rehearsal in Cafeteria
- May 17th at 8 am - 12 pm / Senior Breakfast in Cafeteria, Senior Walk through Quad & Plaza, Full rehearsal in Gym/Stadium
- May 18th at 4 pm - 6 pm / Full rehearsal in Gym/Stadium, Ticket distribution (5 field tickets / 2 gym backup)
6) SENIOR MAHALO DINNER
Senior Mahalo Dinner is on Wednesday, May 17th, 2017. Check-in time will be between 5:00-5:30pm in the cafeteria. Dinner will start promptly at 6 pm. Please be advised that the payment made for senior mahalo dinner either through the senior savings package or paid Ala carte only covers the senior student. Any additional family members wanting to attend was $10.00 person. Contact Ms.Nahulu-Mahelona.
7) COMMENCEMENT DAY - May 19, 2017 at 6 pm
4 pm - All Graduates must arrive and be dropped off in the Gym no later than 4pm. Graduates must be dressed in their cap and gowns. No cell phones, cameras, and leis will be allowed.
4 pm - Gates at Stadium open for General Public & Ticket seating
5:15 pm - Class Photo will be taken in Gym
6 pm - Kapolei H.S. 14th Annual Commencement Begins
7:30 pm - Ceremony Ends
8:30 pm - Project Grad attendees check in at Cafeteria
9 pm - Stadium Closes
9 pm - Project Grad buses leave KHS
Balloons and Signs will not be allowed onto the field seating during the ceremony. They are allowed in the General Public seating in the bleachers. Umbrellas will be allowed into our stadium but we kindly ask that during the ceremony all umbrellas be lowered & closed.
For Seating arrangements and entrances view the Stadium map.
8) PROJECT GRADUATION
Contact Project Grad Treasurer, Rachael Milliora at520-4776 or email Project Grad Committee at email@example.com
9) GRADUATION DVD
Kapolei High School Creative Media will be filming the entire Commencement Exercises and will be available for purchase for $15 (cash only). They will be available approximately 2 weeks after graduation at the Front Office.